Important Dates, Courses, and Registration [Back To FAQ]

  1. Where can I find an updated list of courses, schedule and contact information?
  2. How do I register for MPS courses?
    • With the UMD email account, you can go to TESTUDO at to register for the courses online by yourself. Register for ALL courses by:
      • Clicking on Registration (Drop/Add)
      • Logging into your account
      • Adding your desired courses
      • Click Submit and Sign-off
    • Once you get your UMD account and register the classes, you will be automatically added to ELMS ( The instructors will send you the syllabus and other information before the class starts. Please note that you can attend the lectures and lab sessions either in real classroom or online.
  3. What are the course dates, schedule adjustment periods, and withdrawal deadlines?
    • MPS courses do not meet for the standard semester or term dates. Courses with non-standard dates have different Schedule Adjustment periods and Drop with 'W' dates. You can find non-standard course dates and deadlines for Schedule Adjustment and Drop with 'W' by clicking the link here:
  4. What is the MPS academic schedule?
  5. What are the registration dates in each term for MPS GEOINT courses?
    • The following are registration dates for each term:
Winter 18' - October 24
Spring 18' - November 2
Summer 18' - February 28
Fall 18' - March 30
* Students have until the first day of classes to register without penalty after which students will be subject to the office of registrar non-standard course refund policy found on the resources page.

ELMS, Email, and Software [Back To FAQ]

  1. Where do I go to receive my photo identification card?
  2. Where can I access free software such as office tools, downloads, design and productions and more?
  3. My ArcGIS license code has expired, where can I get a new one?
  4. How do I log into the VMware?
  5. Who do I contact about issues relating to the GEOG servers or VMware?
  6. Who do I contact about issues relating to ELMS, such as log-in problems?
  7. How do I create and log in to my University email account?


Departmental and Campus Services [Back To FAQ]

  1. Where can I find information about the department's Computer Lab hours and policy?
  2. Where can I find information regarding on campus parking, shuttle information, maps and visitor directions?
  3. Where can I find information about recreational services?
    • You can find out about University gym memberships. Personal training and intramural sports and other facilities here:


Graduate Forms and Financial Aid [Back To FAQ]

  1. Where can I find Health Forms such as Immunization, Medical history etc.?
    • The University Health Center requires each student to complete and submit an immunization form in order to remove registration blocks. You can find the forms here:
  2. Where can I find graduate school forms?
  3. Does MPS GEOINT program provide financial aids (scholarships, assistantships, etc.)?
    • Unfortunately, MPS GEOINT program does not provide financial supports. Students are encouraged to seek supports from their employers or external opportunities.
      • Students are eligible for Graduate Assistant positions offered by the University of Maryland that can help cover some of their tuitions.
      • Internships are available to students through different agencies and organizations.
      • Students are eligible to participate in federal scholarship programs.
  4. What are the requirements for a loan?
    • If you need any information on loan requirements or financial aid you can go to the Office of Student Financial Aid website at
    • If you have any specific questions about loan requirements you can contact: Malina Heng at or 301-314-9859
  5. Currently serving or served in the army? Know your education benefits?