Dr. Taylor Oshan has been invited as an Associate Editor (3 year term) for new journal Computational Urban Science. Information about the aims and scope listed on Springer are shown below.
Computational Urban Science publishes rigorously peer-reviewed and high-quality original articles and reviews that focus on the intersection of computational sciences and urban sciences in building intelligent and resilient cities. The journal aims to introduce the latest results in urban computing and its applications, examine both the spatial and social dimension of urban networks and built environment, promote the cooperation between computational disciplines and the urban domain sciences, and build a bridge for scientific communication.
This journal will focus on the development of research frameworks, theories, methods and good case studies of tackling key urban research challenges in the mobile and big data era. Sample topics include but not limited to:
- Agent-based models of social interactions
- Data sharing and dissemination in urban computing research
- Large-scale Social activities in physical and virtual spaces
- Multi-scale urban modeling
- Privacy issues in mobile and big data and possible solutions
- Space-time data models for urban computing
- Spatiotemporal social network analysis
- Trajectory data mining, analysis, and visualization
- Visualization and computation of big health data
More information available on the journal's Springer profile page.